Legionella Antibacterial Pan Treatment Technology
All cooling units, whether they are air conditioners, dehumidifiers, or other refrigeration equipment, extract water from the air. Some undesirable consequences may result (Legionella Infection). These potential consequences may include:
- Overflow from clogged air conditioner drain pans due to the formation of slime. This can cause expensive damage to the ceiling and other property.
- Water in the drip pan supports the growth of fungus, mold, mildew, bacteria, and other microorganisms.
- Contaminants found in drain pans can cause foul-smelling odors.
- Retained water and the bacteria growth in that moist environment can cause corrosion and premature failure of the drain pan..
- It causes the emergence of an important disease such as Legionella Syndrome.
Features and Benefits
- A solid-packaged strip releases the actives, leaving only the used polymer shell to be discarded.
- The system provides dependable, sustained time release protection for only pennies a day.
- The system adds a light, pleasant scent to the air as it works.
- Contains a corrosion inhibitor.
Dealing with Concerns
The Trane Time-Release Drain Pan Treatment addresses these concerns. It is state-of-the-art in water-activated, time-released polymer technology. The product may be used safely in air conditioner and refrigerator drain pans, dehumidifier water tanks, or any other non potable water retention area. The system is registered with the Environmental Protection
Agency (EPA Reg. No. 63281-2-62148.).
The size of the strip corresponds to the tonnage the cooling unit in which it is installed. Use 400 cfm per ton.
- CHM00278 – Up to 1 ton – 50/Pkg; 20 Pkg/Case
- CHM00279 – 1.5-2.5 ton – 20/Pkg; 50 Pkg/Case
- CHM00320 – 3-5 ton – 20/Pkg; 25 Pkg/Case
- CHM00321 – 7-10 ton – 8/Pkg; 12 Pkg/Case
- CHM00322 – 20 ton – 8/Pkg; 12 Pkg/Case
- CHM00323 – 40-50 ton – 4/Pkg; 12 Pkg/Case
There are no reviews yet.